February 25, 2003


Great. Now I've got "Whoops, I Did It Again" playing in my head.




'Our way or the highway'
Geezus - I can just picture this administration running across France in tanks right now.
Warmongering, incredibly arrogant, possibly insane, oil-'n'-power-hungry chickenhawks practically challenge France to a duel.

The Bushies "fired a warning shot Tuesday across the bows of France," the leading critic of its Iraq "policy," saying it would view any French veto of a new U.N. resolution authorizing force as "very unfriendly."

The U.S. ambassador in Paris issued the warning after France said it and Germany opposed what it called a shift toward "a logic of war" and circulated a rival proposal that would give U.N. weapons inspectors at least four months to scour Iraq.

Even as he spoke, other members of the decision-making U.N. Security Council added their voices to the chorus of skepticism over the resolution, clouding Washington's hopes of winning the nine votes needed to pass it by mid-March. - link. Heh!




Meanwhile...
"I am ready to conduct a direct dialogue - a debate - with your president. I will say what I want and he will say what he wants," Saddam told Dan Rather in an interview. "This will be an opportunity for him, if he's committed to war, this will be an opportunity to convince the world."

"This is something proposed in earnest. Out of my respect for the people of the United States and my respect for the people of Iraq and the people of the world. I call for this because war is not a joke. As leaders," Saddam said in his invitation to Bush, "Why don't we use this opportunity?"

White House spokes-tool/nanny Ari 'the Liar' Fleischer rejected the debate offer, saying W was shitting in his diapers at the thought of a debate with anybody, much less it was "not a serious statement." - link.



No comments: